Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Choose your words wisely

so my life isn't exactly like i want it to be, but guess what? i don't care right now. happiness and positivity is a choice. everything i say and do has the power to be great or shit. i choose great, even if everything around me isn't exactly such.. it is, because i made that choice. get it? so i was conversing with a friend of mine who reminded me of the importance of my words. he pointed out that i say too many colorful words. i'd love to deny that and shoot you an innocent look, but it's totally true.. and it's not even cool. without my even knowing it those words set my mood. he's right. i wish i could say i came to this notion on my own, but hey the Lord puts people in your life for reasons right? of course i can't just cut all the colorful words out of my vocabulary at once, and the same with my negative thoughts too. Slowly but surely though I can be more positive than negative.. even just by small choices. my words mean so much more than i even thought. it's nuts. i'm starting to enjoy just beats to songs, and or piano/violin covers of songs with negative words in them. music can serve it's purpose without filling your mind with goo. i'm starting to sound like i'm some old lady but i'm so serious. changing the words i say and/or hear, changes the mood i am in. i'm on the positive train and i got no brakes lol feeling thankful and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment